Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Giving Back: 38th Annual Venice Family Clinic's Art Walk & Auctions

Spring Update 2017

"Intolerance is the father of illusion and evil deeds. Tolerance is not its opposite; tolerance is neutral. The opposite of intolerance is creative imagination, sympathetically exercised in the service of ever illusive truth. The people I trust and admire take that path. Scholars, scientists, priests, and philosophers have helped guide me ... A fiery legion of artists and writers flung wide the gates and beckoned my near- sighted soul to go deeper"
-Alexander Eliot, "The Timeless Myths"


I just returned from a fruitful trip to Madison, Wisconsin. Spring was erupting all around me in the city that many call the Berkeley of the Midwest. Blossoms covered the trees shading hundreds of crimson gown clad graduates. The air seemed to be filled with new hopes and new roads to follow. Inspiration carried me as I boarded the plane to return west to Los Angeles. As I gazed out my window, I watched the landscape turn from bright spring green, to dusty farmland, to snow covered peaks, to red desert, to the violet carpet of jacaranda blossoms as we flew into the L.A. basin. The diverse landscape echoed our diverse country. I felt joy as our plane shuddered upon touchdown. Lots of new art to create. And lots of pressing causes to give back to. Please read below about two of my favorite care giving organizations that I have donated my artwork to - The Venice Family Clinic and The Hospitality House of San Francisco, CA.

Thank you for your interest in my work and for all that you do to make the world a better place,

Gregg Chadwick
www.greggchadwick.com
http://www.artspace.com/gregg-chadwick
https://shopvida.com/collections/greggchadwick
cell 415 533 1165

GREGG CHADWICK
Museum Whispers (de Young), 2014
Oil on linen
24 x 36 in (60.96 x 91.44 cm)


Giving Back -  


I am honored that I was asked to donate an artwork for the Silent Art Auction at the 38th Anniversary of the Venice Art Walk & Auctions which will take place on Sunday, May 21, 2017 at Google Los Angeles in the Frank Gehry designed Binoculars Building.

My painting Museum Whispers (de Young) was inspired by the beautifully renovated de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. The de Young cafe is a permanent fixture of the new building. A gorgeous indoor/outdoor space filled with art lovers and wonderful food. Often, the ebb and flow of visitors at an art museum provides the subject matter for my paintings.


The painting is available for pre-bidding on the auction site Paddle 8 with a select group of donated artworks: http://paddle8.com/auctions/veniceartwalk 

100% of the proceeds from the sale of my painting go to help fund the Venice Family Clinic’s comprehensive health care program for the low-income and uninsured.

Hope to see you on May 21st at the 38th Annual Venice Family Clinic's Art Walk & Auctions. Your generosity ensures that over 24,000 low-income men, women, and children have a place to turn to for health care.

Venice Art Walk & Auctions – Sunday, May 21 from Noon-6pm 








Giving Back -
Hospitality House Annual Auction

I was honored that the Andrea Schwartz Gallery in San Francisco asked me to donate my painting "Jersey Cantos" to the 2017 Annual Hospitality House Art Auction. Founded in 1967 in response to the large influx of homeless LGBT youth in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco, Hospitality House has a long history developing peer-based and culturally appropriate programs for the communities we serve. Their programs create a positive impact, raising the quality of life for all residents and making our neighborhoods healthy and rich with diversity and culture.

Gregg Chadwick is a 2017 Fellow in the Clark Hulings Fund’s Business Accelerator Program. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FAIR USE NOTICE:: This site contains images and excerpts made available for the purpose of analysis and critique, as well as to advance the understanding of artistic, political, media and cultural issues. The 'fair use' of such material is provided for under U.S. Copyright Law. In accordance with U.S. Code Title 17, Section 107, material on this site (along with credit links and attributions to original sources) is viewable for educational and intellectual purposes. If you are interested in using any copyrighted material from this site for any reason that goes beyond 'fair use,' you must first obtain permission from the copyright owner.